Monday, December 6, 2010

AoA Goes too Far

This is my last post about this for a while, but I wanted to bring to your attention something that I noticed AoA did recently on their Facebook page.

So, I understand that they are angry about having their PSA attacked by the Pseudo-science false-skeptic nutjobs. I can see why they are pissed about AMC refusing to show the PSA because of this. I can even understand that the attacks against the PSA was unwarranted, especially considering that the PSA was encouraging vaccination, and informing the audience that safer, thimerosal free vaccine alternatives were available. No fear-mongering involved here, and no conspiracy theories implied despite what King Quack and his band if moronic minions would have us believe.

But, going after this Skeptchic person the way they did is going too far.

They posted a picture of this person holding her child and said that she was the one responsible for the campaign against the PSA. The comments are worse. Someone suggests breaking off a few thermometers in a few key orifices?

Really? Dubya Tee Eff!!!!

I've never met this girl. I've never talked to her or corresponded with her or anything. But, even if I did; even if I thought she was the most horrible piece of crap walking this earth, I would NEVER do something like that. I don't care how much you despise someone. You NEVER bring their children or family into the argument. That is a line you DO NOT CROSS! Ever!!

I really wish they would quit pulling this shit. All it does is muddy the waters and it gives King Idiot's doltish fuckwits reason to generalize and loop everyone who thinks that vaccines can cause brain injury into the same group.

Skepchik, while I don't really agree with what you have to say, please understand that I fully condemn and am officially appalled at what AoA has done to you.

4 comments:

  1. We are witnessing an increasingly noisy rabble rousing war...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to laugh about your post in a way; that was the most back-handed show of support I think I have ever seen. But most importantly, I believe that you are sincere about the attack against Skepchick. I know that AoA's actions are difficult for you and I take no pleasure in that. I hope you know that even though lines in the sand have been drawn, you will have support no matter where you look. Some of us aren't so bad and we have cookies ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't agree that it was necessarily back-handed; I was just getting my digs in at those I consider false skeptics (I'm working on a post about that, btw). However, I do support Elyse. The tone and presentation of the Facebook post by AoA seemed quite threatening to me, and I cannot condone that behavior.

    If it takes me several days to respond to some of your comments, please forgive me. I've been extremely busy lately with changing my address and phone number and such to hide myself from a creepy little nutjob stalker that has been harrassing me. I guess that's part of the reason why I was disgusted by AoA's behavior; essentially, they are doing the same thing to Elyse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was informed that the Facebook post was removed a couple of days ago.

    ReplyDelete